When it comes to movement, I’ve tried a lot of different workouts, routines & classes. Yoga is the type of movement where even if you’ve only tried it once, I’m sure you’ve felt & appreciated the benefits; from increased strength, flexibility & balance, heart health, back pain relief & more, it’s also great for relaxation & can help you sleep better.
Whether you practice alone, are guided by a YouTube video or going to an in person class, yoga is something that can have a hugely positive impact in your life.
Here are a few things we can learn from practicing yoga, which I’m sure you can apply to many aspects of your life – personally, romantically, business wise & more.
- You are capable of more than you might think Accomplishment is definitely a word that comes to mind when I achieve something I couldn’t do weeks/months/years back in a class
- Accept imperfection It’s not something you do for your ego – taking the pressure off from being perfect & embracing the mistakes
- Balance Not just in the poses, but seeking & maintaining balance in your your life too
- Take your time It’s not a race! Take it steady & slow
- You’re always learning Whenever you step onto your mat, you’re reminded that your body is still learning the positions & you’re always picking up new knowledge
Have you learnt something more from practicing yoga? What other forms of movement leave you feeling refreshed & inspired?