I’m often focused on pushing towards what success looks like & in a healthy way. It can be easy to get caught up in the rush & excitement of building a career & neglecting your health, but I’ve learnt from experience that’s just not sustainable, long term. It may feel aimless at times, but it’s so important to check in with ourselves along the way, to slow down & keep our wellness as a top priority.
Movement plays a huge part on how we feel. When we spend too long sitting still, or not adding movement to our routines, it has a knock on effect on everything we do.
Of course walking, running, gym classes etc are all great ways to get moving. But sometimes those aren’t accessible or you just don’t have the time (or energy!)… So, here’s 5 other creative ways to get moving;
- Walking calls – Can you walk & talk on your next work call? Stretching your legs for 30 mins will make you feel great & you’re more likely to have your best ideas.
- Gardening – If you’re lucky enough to have a garden, spend some time looking after it this week. You’ll know that you can easily work up a sweat when you’re gardening.
- 2 stairs at a time – Do you ever skip a step? It will increase your heart rate AND you’ll get up the stairs quicker, win win!
- Stretch in front of the TV – Keep a yoga mat close by & use the time you might be watching a show to do a gentle stretch. There are loads of tutorials on YouTube if you don’t know where to start.
- Play! If you can spend time with kids, this might be part of your routine anyway. But it doesn’t have to be at a playground – get skipping, rollerskating, hula hooping, anything that you enjoy & connects you to your inner child.
Let me know if there’s other ways you add movement into your day.